Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween!

so Halloween week not the very best but we made it through! I had two sick kids, home from work and no school for a week!! Major stress over high temps and H1N1. We are now on the mend and all ok. Nate was really upset he missed his spelling test, his show n tell, two Halloween/birthday parties and his school harvest party. We did not do pumpkins and I was so tired from all the cleaning, disinfecting and laundry that I did not finish costumes. Luckily for them their fevers broke and were gone so they could still go trick or treating. We just went around the block but it was good enough for them! :)

Funny part of the evening: some friends came over to go trick or treating , they went around the block with us last year, and we have this house on our street that is done up like a mini spook house, the teenage son always dresses up like a werewolf and scares people as they go to the door to get candy. I think it's great fun but it does freak the kids out. So the majority of our little party say no way they are not going to go up to this house, Nate says I want candy but you have to go with me mom, Ella stays across the street with the rest of the gang. We walk up to the drive way and you can see the wolf slumped against some hay bales with his legs on the walk way to the door. Nate is rooted to the ground and then he finally says:

You scared me last year, I know who you are, you're not going to scare me so lay off!!

As we step over his legs he jerks them and Nate jumps about a mile. HA HA , I am a super mean mom because I think this is hilarious. Nate gets his candy and we walk back across the street where my friend is laughing, I think she is laughing about what happened with Nate but no she tells me Ella is standing there and was we walk up to the werewolf, she says

if that wolf does something to hurt my mom or my brother I am gonna kick it's butt!!

Ella our fierce protector all the way across the street.

Here are some of the pictures from Halloween, Nate was a knight ( I still have to upload those pics) and Ella was a princess of course.

1 comments:

laurie van wagoner said...

LOVED that story! So funny! :)